What types of advocacy exist for nurses today? Certainly, we can see how there are many ways and different groups to advocate for as a nurse.
Definition of Advocate:
1. Defends or promotes the rights of others.
2. Changes systems to meet the needs of others.
3. Empowers and promotes self-determination in others.
4. Promotes autonomy of diverse cultures.
5. Ensures respect, equality, and dignity for others.
6. Cares for the humanness of all.
1. Examine the term advocate as defined above, and think of how advocacy can be demonstrated in everyday practice.
2. Select at least three (3) of the factors that make up the definition and give a very specific explanation of how you or someone you know has demonstrated they were/are an advocate.
3. Your paper should be:
o Typed according to APA style for margins, formatting and spacing standards
o Typed into a Microsoft Word document or complete the Staffing Table, save the file, and then upload the file