Part 1 Assignment
Look at the events from 1979–2001 in your textbook on pages 132–133 (ATTACHED). During this period, there were a multitude of events such as hurricanes, flooding, and earthquakes that required a Presidential Declaration for assistance in that particular state. Create a table similar to that on pages 132–133 that includes events from 2002–current year. The table should include the following information:
Date of DeclarationState/TerritoryEventFEMA relief, Current DollarsDisaster Focused ImprovementPresident Issuing Declaration
Include at least six events in your table. You may find these websites helpful in your research:
1) Next, write a summary that coordinates with the six events in the table. In your summary for each disaster, you should cover the following information.
2) Correlate each disaster listed in the table to the implementation of disaster-focused improvement for that event. In other words, what did we learn as a nation when the event occurred?
3) Was the United States prepared for this event?
4) Did our disaster response meet the needs of the communities impacted by the event? Were special programs, resources, or monies created to better prepare for another event similar to this one?
5) Describe how the stand up of FEMA changed emergency management and disaster response.
Your document should be at least four pages in length (including the table you have created). You must include at least three sources in your research, and the information should be cited and referenced in APA format.
UPLOAD PART 2 ASSIGNMENT IN A DIFFERENT DOCUMENT
Part 2 Assignment
The textbook describes Presidential Disaster Declarations and states that to some degree, they constitute a chronological record of the pain and suffering caused by the major focusing events that have occurred in the United States history. Consider the Presidential Disaster Declarations. Which two declarations seems to be the most important in a disaster situation? Explain your reasoning. (A MINIMUM OF 1 PAGE