1. Explain how slope stability is related to slope angle
2. Describe the main types of mass wasting – creep, slump, translational slide, rotational slide, fall, and debris flow or mudflow – in terms of the types of materials involved, the type of motion, and the likely rates of motion..,..also Explain what types of events can trigger mass wasting
3. Explain what steps we can take to delay mass wasting, and why we cannot prevent it permanently
4. Describe the timing and extent of Earth’s past glaciations, going as far back as the early Proterozoic
5. Explain the differences between continental and alpine glaciation
6. Summarize how snow and ice accumulate above the equilibrium line and are converted to ice
7. Explain how basal sliding and internal flow facilitate the movement of ice from the upper part to the lower part of a glacier
8. Describe and identify the various landforms related to alpine glacial erosion, including U- shaped valleys, aretes, cols, horns, hanging valleys, truncated spurs, drumlins, roches moutonees, glacial grooves, and striae
9. Identify various types of glacial lakes, including tarns, finger lakes, moraine lakes, and kettle lakes
10. Describe the nature and origins of lodgement till, ablation till, and glaciofluvial, glaciolacustrine, and glaciomarine sediments
11.Describe the origins of longshore currents and longshore drift
12. Explain why some coasts are more affected by erosion than others and describe the formation of coastal erosional features, including stacks, arches, cliffs, and wave-cut platforms
13. Summarize the origins of beaches, spits, baymouth bars, tombolos, and barrier islands
14. Describe the origins of carbonate reef
- Explain how slope stability is related to slope angle
- Is there a word that you or someone you know has invented, or a real word to which you or someone you know has assigned a new meaning?
- Intellectual Discussion on “Kalila and Dimna.”
- John Q Ethical Analysis
- Discuss the current DSM-5 approach to OCD based on the larger research literature in terms of criteria and rationale
- Select a narrative (fictional) program that is currently running, either on a television outlet or streaming service.
- The reliability of eyewitness testimony. Do eyewitnesses provide accurate testimony? Should their statements be allowed in court?
- Authors Rise Challenge
- What have you learned about the process of writing college level essays?