The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student with an opportunity to explore the nurse practitioner (NP) practice requirements in his/her state of practice, NP competencies and leadership skills to develop a plan to support professional development.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Examine roles and competencies of advanced practice nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care. (CO1)
2. Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems. (CO3)
3. Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings. (CO4)
Total Points Possible: 200
A Week 4 Paper Template (Links to an external site.) to be used for your assignment is required for this assignment.
1. The APN Professional Development Plan paper is worth 200 points and will be graded on the quality of the content, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Submit the paper as a Microsoft Word Document, which is the required format at Chamberlain University. You are encouraged to use the APA Academic Writer and Grammarly tools when creating your assignment.
3. Follow the directions below and the grading criteria located in the rubric closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum or emailed to your faculty.
4. The length of the paper should be 5-8 pages, excluding title page and reference page(s).
5. Support ideas with a minimum of 3 scholarly resources. Scholarly resources do not include your textbook. You may need to use more than 3 scholarly resources to fully support your ideas.
6. You may use first person voice when discussing information specific to your personal practice or skills.
7. Current edition APA format is required with both a title page and reference page(s). Use the following as Level 1 headings to denote the sections of your paper (Level 1 headings use upper- and lower-case letters and are bold and centered):
· APN Professional Development Plan (This is the paper introduction. In APA format, a restatement of the paper title, centered and bold serves as the heading of the introduction section)
· APN Scope of Practice
· Nurse Practitioner (NONPF) Core Competencies
· Leadership Skills
Get Plagiarism-Free and Quality Papers Without Overpaying at Homeworkmavens.com