Reforming Government Project
POLS 1101 – NET02 FALL 21
In our American Politics class, we have learned about various proposals for reforming government. There are many proposals, some big and some smaller, on how to deepen and strengthen our democracy. For this project, you will do research on one of the following topics.
Save your time – order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
Order Paper Now
- Ranked Choice Voting
- Institute Multimember Districts and proportional representation
- Proposals to undermine gerrymandering: Citizen Redistricting Commissions
- Participatory Budgeting
- Proposals to fight corruption in Illinois
- Deliberative Democracy
- Public Campaign Financing
- Campaign Finance Reform: Amend the Constitution to allow for regulation; pass strong disclosure laws; etc.
- Proposals to improve our process of voting and increase turnout
- Restore voting rights to those with felony convictions
- Citizen Assemblies and participatory councils to advise governments
- Invest in Civic Education
You are responsible for researching the issue and creating a presentation. You can be very creative and use any medium for your presentation (powerpoint (or google slides )
Your goals of the presentation are to:
- Present an overview of your topic.
- Explain the problem that it is addressing.
- How will it make things better?
- What are the challenges of this proposal?
- What are the benefits of the proposal?
- How do you suggest putting this plan into action?
Please put sufficient time into this to earn yourself full points. You will be graded on the following:
- Did you show understanding of the issue, problem it is addressing, challenges and benefits, and did you suggest a plan to be this into action?
- Did you put together an effective and/or creative presentation? (Note: some people are way more creative than others and therefore you will not be judged on creativity alone but rather on your effort in making it a stellar presentation).