Research on secondary transition | Education homework help
Research the secondary transition services for students with disabilities. Focus on students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (SCD) and their transition to post-high school environments. The research report should provide descriptive information about Secondary Transition to Post High School environments:
(1) an in-depth description of the services in the State and your district,
(2) what is secondary transition?
(3) why is it important for school personnel to help students transition from secondary to post-high school?
(4) list and describe the five components of the Taxonomy for Transition Programming;
(5) explain why self-determination is important for students with disabilities.
You must conclude the report by creating a secondary transition plan for a student with significant cognitive disabilities. You must include your philosophy about secondary transition for students with SCD and who should be responsible for ensuring that students are prepared for post-high school outcomes based on your research.