Policy analysis begins with a review of current literature. Health
August 12, 2022
THIS IS A DB AND A REPLY POST
Go back and review the Communication Principles in the textbook reading and in this module’s lesson content. Familiarize yourself with the information and address the following in your post.
- Choose two of the principles of communication.
- Provide two examples for each of the principles (so you will have a total of 4 examples by the end of your post).
- How could you apply your knowledge of these principles in a future interaction to prevent or reduce misunderstanding?
For your response post, make sure that you write at least 3-4 sentences. In the sentences, you can either bring in more information from the content of the module, suggest a different point of view, or ask a question for further information.
Principles of Communication
- Communication is symbolic: We communicate using words, but the words are only symbols, not the actual objects themselves. Communication involves words, pictures, sounds, and marks, all of which may represent something else.
- Communication involves a shared meaning: When you speak with a friend, and she tells you of an experience that she recently had, you are able to understand her experience because you have a shared meaning of the words and symbols that she uses to describe the experience.
- Communication is a process: It evolves over time and after multiple engagements that build upon each other. This ongoing interaction changes the relationship.
- Communication is culturally determined: We all grow up in a culture and in that culture, we learn to speak and behave according to that culture. So when we communicate it will be based on which culture we grew up in.
- Communication occurs in a context: When we communicate it takes place in a certain area, and we have certain expectations based on that location. We have to take into account that people talk differently in different situations, you would not act the same in class as you would in a baseball game.
- Communication is purposeful: We communicate for a reason. There are five key reasons to communicate: Physiological Needs, Safety Needs, Social Needs, Esteem Needs, Self-Actualization Needs
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”