The paper should be approximately five to six pages including a works cited or bibliography page.
The paper should include an introduction with a thesis statement that includes three to five main points. Each main point in the thesis should be covered in one or two body paragraphs with supporting details and evidence to back up the thesis statement.
Supporting details, evidence, and direct citations from course textbooks 1984 and Thinking for Yourself. The paper should also include details and evidence from outside sources, cited in MLA format.
The works cited or bibliography page should have at least six sources including 1984 and Thinking for Yourself. In other words at least four academic, credible sources from your own research.
The Paper must be typed in an appropriate, legible font and size (i.e. 10-12 pt Ariel, Tahoma, New Times Roman, etc) and in MLA format with a works cited page.
Paper #4 Topic and Instructions
Write a critical thinking and research paper on a contemporary issue involving a current Cultural Sexuality debate. Use your two course textbooks 1984 and Thinking for Yourself as well as at least four outside sources from your own research and focus on how the sources present the issue and if the sources are seeking to objectively inform the public of the issue or if they are seeking to persuade the public to think or act a certain way about this issue. Below is a list of example topics, but you are not limited to one of these topics.
Sexuality in Advertising
Sexuality in Entertainment
Monogamy vs Polygamy
Statutory Rape (legal age?)
Use relevant quotes from 1984 looking at the similarities and differences between our culture and society and the culture and society of the novel.
Also refer back to Chapters 10, 11, & 12 in Thinking for Yourself and discuss how well the sources incorporate Inductive Reasoning, Deductive Reasoning and Fallacies in Reasoning surrounding the issue.
- Write a critical thinking and research paper on a contemporary issue involving a current Cultural Sexuality debate.
- Write a discussion paper on the Business English as a Lingua Franca in the United Arab Emirates.
- What level of threat does Russia pose to the United States in the next ten years?
- Research and prepare a laboratory report on the following:
- Explain the relevant concepts and how they will be applied in the scenario. Identify the most significant implications and consequences of your solution.
- Expose a rationale for your belief one way or another or somewhere in between.
- Describe the methods and processes through which the federal government utilizes cyber security.
- Write a Rhetorical essay about the book “Just Mercy”
- Write an argumentative essay for or against setting long-term goals to land a dream job. I would like the topic to be for me being an animator.
- What kind of mindset does Mark need to embrace to be successful? Describe the impact of mindset on success.